Wednesday, December 6, 2023

SHAME ON Walgreens Manager at 2605 Middlefield Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94306

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Xngt8cLrLpmf5Wou8 


This place turned into a fiasco for me 🙁👎. I was visiting for a few weeks , attending events at nearby Stanford campus, and I started getting a check engine light (CEL) for my Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF). SO I went to eBay to search for the part, and found one.

 But before I ordered it, I called this FedEx/ Walgreens & asked if i could have it delivered there for me. The young fellow said "Sure, no problem". So I went ahead and ordered it . The next day I notice the seller switched from FedEx to UPS ( & still later UPS handed it off to USPS).

 Meanwhile I called back to Walgreens & this time a lady answered (turns out she's the manager named Madeline) & asked if they would accept the package 📦 from USPS and if I could still pick it up. Her loud emotional response left me in a state of inner turmoil. I was stunned & shocked by her demeanor.

 First, she raised her voice and said "You sent a package to MY ADDRESS⁉️" as if it was her personal home address (I'm pretty sure she doesn't own the store nor lives there). 

So already I was already alarmed at her sense of excessive entitlement just because she's the manager. Then she screeched "That's illegal. It's illegal" blah blah . I told her that one of the store employees had given me the okay. She screeched again "He misinformed you". Everything she said was spoken on a tone as if this was a 911 emergency. I finally just hung up, it was so upsetting and out-of-control on her part. So I tried to stop shipping but the eBay seller said it was too late. 

The item was eventually delivered to the Walgreens but I didn't even try to go pick it up. I didn't want to go anywhere near this place after the conversation with Madeline. I sent a complaint to Walgreens corporate and told them no matter how much she thinks this is her store, she still has a Legal Obligation to "Return to Sender" .

 Eventually the package 📦 apparently was returned to sender but without the requisite "return label" eBay provides in such cases. It will probably get back to the seller eventually but they weren't sounding very promising that I would get a refund without the refund return label. 

The only good thing to come from all of this is that eBay stood up and said that given the circumstances, they would refund me OUT OF THEIR OWN POCKET. 
Thank you eBay 👍. 

Shame on Madeline most of all 👎.
 Your behavior and tone was unacceptable.