Tuesday, January 24, 2023

re Organization of American States, Washington DC

Organization of American States
(202) 370-5000
https://maps.app.goo.gl/nwVW7pT8NGmEgEBg9 

I mistakenly thought I was at the Daughters of American Revolution building but that's the one next door. 
So I just inquired and the security guy with an accent was very rude and treated me like American trash 🗑️ saying "We don't allow visitors". I hate it when people who are paid to do a low-level job start to think that they represent the organization rather than being paid to work for them and to perform specific tasks. I tried to ask him what exactly do they do at this organization and he did not even seem to know. He could not answer me. I hope somebody at a higher-level reads this and teaches the security people to show a little hospitality & maybe have a little paper pamphlet that they hand out for people who pass by. 

Or if you, the organization (not the racist security guard) really are passionately intent on keeping anybody from inquiring, you should post signs saying "NO VISITORS or TOURISTS" 🚫😡

Hate is NOT a virtue 👎.